Subject: Re: NewTek, The Saga Continues. . .LAWSUIT
From: Kurt Henning <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 1995 21:35:54 -0500

>Date: Mon, 16 Oct 1995 21:24:39
>To: [email-masked]
>From: Kurt Henning <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Re: NewTek, The Saga Continues. . .LAWSUIT
>
>At 09:57 AM 10/16/95 -0700, you wrote:
>>Most should take care on spewing threats about lawsuits! No one likes being
>>threatened. Lawyers cost money, and lots of it. 
>
>
>As a former law clerk/law student, this is an understatement.
>
>>Gripes and complaints are warrented, I think NewTek misrepresented their
product as >well, but It's easier to get what you want with sugar, NOT A
HAMMER!!!
>
>Exactly.  I posted a "Be Grateful for Lightwave" article about the
explosion of 3d artists/animators since 1991.  Thats right, 1991, since the
Toaster and LW debuted.  How soon some people forget.  NewTek has provided
more opportunity for us to make money than any other company I can name.
All of you fartheads that bellyache that "My flyer doesn't work," should
sell the boards.  Take a loss.  Then, for the sake of our sanity, shut up.  
>
>If you buy first at the highest price, you are part of the R&D team.  You
guys wanted NLE so bad.  Obviously your clients were demanding NLE or you
wouldn't have invested in it.  You wouldn't just drop 15K on a product
because you thought it was cool, would you.  Or is that, did you?  If you
want to cry, then cry to your momma or newtek.  
>
>From the majority of flyer owners that I know, they say 4.07 kicks ass, and
they love their flyers.  So, if you can't afford the technology, just go
back to tape. 
>
>>So, I suggest we concentrate on getting our problems with NewTek solved. No
>>more of these idle lawsuit threats unless you plan on REALLY doing it.
>>Anybody else with me?
>
>Three Cheers.  No more idle threats.  It is always somebody who has seen
one too many cop shows that thinks that suing will solve problems.  LAwsuits
only create work for lawyers.  Why don't you guys take a $500 retainer, buy
two hours of an average attorneys time and learn that you are kidding
yourself.  
>
>In defense of Newtek, I have used the product since version .99.  They have
had many staff changes.  Notwithstanding, they have provided technical
support that is par for the course in the computer industry as well as their
delivery dates.
>
>Is NewTek the only company to ever miss a release date?  To read this list
you would think they were.
>
Kurt Henning
Producer
Avalon Video Services
Lawrence, Kansas

Straight from the silicon heartland

"What is the color of the soul?"

--
Kurt Henning <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]